Athens Certified School Nurses/Health Room Assistants
Kay Low, RN/Lindsay Rosenberger, RN
Amanda Rubert, RN/Brittney Kingsley, LPN
2018/2019 SCHOOL NURSES’ BUILDING SCHEDULES
||Lynch Wednesday am |
||High School||SRU Thursday am
2018/2019 School Year Requirements
All kindergarten, 6th, and 11th grade students are required to have a physical. The private physical form can be found online in the forms below.
All 1st, 3rd, and 7th grade students are required to have a dental exam on file for their school health record. The private dental exam form can be found online in the forms below.
Please turn these exams in to the school nurse at the beginning of the school year.
In an effort to keep you informed, the school nurses would like to make the following announcements:
- Please check out our website for updated health information. You can access the nurse’s web page by clicking on the Health and Wellness tab on the Athens School District home page.
- Mandated school health screenings have begun in all schools. All students in grades K-12 are screened for height, weight, BMI and vision. Hearing screenings are done on grades K-3, 7th and 11th graders. Scoliosis screenings are done on 6th and 7th graders.
- Mandated school physicals are due for K, 6th & 11th graders. Please continue to turn in your child’s private physical if they have been done. Shot records are not accepted as a physical exam.
- Please send a change of clothes for your child to keep at school as accidents do happen and we are often unable to provide a change of clothes from the nurse’s supplies.
- A good night’s sleep and a nutritious breakfast are important for the health and well-being of your child. Keeping consistent bedtimes and getting at least eight hours of sleep at night is recommended. Breakfast is available at school if needed.
- Cold and Flu season is approaching, and we have a few reminders for illness prevention.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick
- If your child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher they will be sent home from school and they should not return to school until they are fever-free without medication for 24 hours.
Pennsylvania’s CHIP program provides health insurance to all uninsured children and teens who are eligible for or enrolled in Medical Assistance. Click on:
Parent EpiPen care plans
Physical Exam for K, 6th and 11th grades:
Sports Physicals Forms (Grades 7-12):
https://www.piaa.org/assets/web/documents/Section VII Forms. CIPPE_FORM_SECTIONS_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_AND_9_(no_shading)(1).pdf
Dental Exam forms for 1st, 3rd and 7th grades:
http://www.health.pa.gov/My Health/School Health/Documents/Dental Health/Dental Forms/Private Dental Exam082011.pdf