There were 36 teams in the tournament. Harlan Rowe finished with 101 points placing them in second behind Springhouse (92 pts). This has earned Athens its first ever invitation to the National Tournament. Fortunately, this year the tournament is at Cornell in Ithaca.
Of the 23 events, Harlan Rowe walked away State Champions in 5 of those events, with a total of 19 medals in all.
Here are the medal winners:
- Battery Buggy - Ethan Denlinger and Darius Hall
- Boomilever - Carter Henry and Ronel Ankam
- Game On - Katie Gorman and Carter Henry
- Heredity - Ethan Denlinger and Darius Hall
- Mystery Architecture - Darius Hall and Carter Henry
- Dynamic Planet - Jason Gao and Jacob Sickler
- Roller Coaster - Jacob Sickler and Mea Abbott
- Thermodynamics - Jacob Hovan and Chris Deforest
- Water Quality - Andrue Andrus and Darius Hall
- Disease Detectives - Andrue Andrus and Ronel Ankam
- Solar System - Jacob Sickler and Jason Gao
- Circuit Lab - Andrue Andrus and Chris DeForest
- Crime Busters - Audrey Clare and Isabelle Davis
- Density Lab - Andrue Andrus and Jacob Hovan
- Meteorology - Jason Gao and Audrey Clare
- Anatomy and Physiology - Ethan Denlinger and Darius Hall
- Fossils - NyAnna Beeman and Myles Kocsis
- Potions and Poisons - Katie Gorman and Audrey Clare
- Road Scholar - Jacob Sickler and Carter Henry
Preparations have already begun for our trip to Nationals from May 30th – June 1st. We couldn’t be more grateful for the support and encouragement we have received from the administration, faculty, students, parents and community.